The American Corners in Macedonia are seeking a reliable, responsible individual who has strong communication skills to fill the full time position of Senior American Corners Macedonia Specialist.
Summary: The American Corners of Macedonia provide information about the United States and encourage dialogue and cooperation between the people of the United States and of the Republic of Macedonia through learning and professional development opportunities, cultural exchange activities, and the sharing of information resources. The American Corners serve as venues for speeches, discussions, film or video showings, holiday celebrations, English language conversation groups, meetings of people who have studied or traveled in the United States, programs for professional and educational development in an American-style learning environment, and other events as scheduled. The American Corners are supported by the U.S. Department of State and administered through the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Skopje. The Corners also provide access to a collection of books, audio-visual materials, periodicals, online resources, and other information about the United States in English. American Corner personnel assist visitors, design and implement programs to enhance mutual understanding between the United States and Macedonia, and maintain and safeguard materials, equipment and the premises.
Supervisory and Planning
Experience supervising others in an office or educational setting is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will have sufficient professional maturity and experience in an office setting designing and carrying out educational programming for a young adult audience in order to supervise others in this primary task.
• Relevant marketing and social media experience is preferred. Relevant experience may include a demonstrated ability to use basic graphic design software, webpage design software, or other technical computer skills for advertising and event organizing. Experience managing content for organizational or business social media accounts is a plus.
• Enthusiastic interest in organizing and publicizing events for young adults is required. Experience planning events and conducting outreach to audiences is preferred.
• A demonsterated ability to build a network of contacts and volunteers across a wide range of fields and demographic groups and then incorporate those contacts into an organization’s activities.
• Competency and experience facilitating and participating in group activities. Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, adults, elderly and individuals with disabilities.
• Ability to prepare and update written reports and correspondence.
• Excellent demonstrated customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and appropriately with colleagues, external stakeholders, potential visitors, and the general public orally and in writing. • Knowledge of the history, values, society, culture, and education of the United States of America.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and Macedonian. Effective communication in Albanian language is preferred but not required.
• University degree is required.
• Excellent advanced computer skills, including excellent ability to use Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position should submit a CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject line reading “ACS Senior Specialist Skopje.” Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.